Be excited... and understand that you may feel overwhelmed when you first get involved with creating your own website, there are a LOT of moving parts that you need to put together before your website becomes successful.
So often you're only told about what happens AFTER your website is successful... I'm a copywriter by trade and that's part of my job - to paint a picture of what can happen once you use, apply, ingest, create, author, etc. whatever it is that is being offered.
Ethically, I must add... copywriters don't sell ice to Eskimos - we sell heaters and warm-wear! That's just smart business.
However, in the internet marketing niche and many others, sellers are conditioned to only sell you the results - it's often a death wish to offer the formula for true success; Learn, Work, Do, Spend, Serve, and many other hard to digest words seem to come to my mind here.
Successful membership websites need many things before that passive income stream you dream about can manifest itself in your bank account.
Here is a short list of what you'll need to put together:
- A targeted market or niche - who are you selling to and do they want what you are offering?
- An INCREDIBLE Offer - not just an average offer, but an incredible offer.
- A reason WHY buying from you is more intelligent that getting what you offer somewhere else.
- Legal documents so your website is protected - VERY IMPORTANT in today's marketplace.
- Words - Lots and lots of words to sell, discuss, entice, explain, encourage, email, blog, build trust, etc.
- Sales Material - yes, you have to sell, that terrible little four letter word, if you want to remain online in business.
- Patience - to work your way through all of the drudgery of putting everything together before you can sell what you want to offer to your audience.
- Persistence - when the world around you gets frustrating to deal with because it's taking too long to put everything together and your resources are running thin, others are launching all around you and your family is getting tired of hearing "soon, it'll be ready soon!"
- Pages! Squeeze pages, home pages, thank you pages, sales pages, download pages, blog posts, e-mail content pages, e-mails, and the list goes on and on and on.
- Advertisements, banners, promotional e-mails, tweets, videos, funnels, PPC, PPV, solo-ads, etc. All, otherwise known as MARKETING.
- Affiliate or JV Partner offers and pages and content and e-mails and invitations and a lot of patience while getting everyone lined up to help you launch your incredible product, program or service.
- CONTENT - as in videos, audios, downloads, pages, graphics, flow-charts, mind maps and all of those cool pieces and parts you want to offer to your audience for sale.
- Coaching programs to support those who want extra help.
- Speaking of support - how 'bout a help desk or at minimum, contact us form that folks can use to contact you if they need help or have questions.
- An autoresponder - if you want any real marginal degree of success - followup with your audience - this is critical.
- Autoresponder campaigns... with e-mails in them - lots and lots of e-mails. Campaigns for; buyers, prospects, cold markets, warm markets, affiliates, JV Partners, each product or membership level you offer, refunder's, member's who haven't logged in for some time, product owners, product partners, etc.
- More Patience - while your site get's noticed.
- Search Engine Optimization - like it or not, your site needs to be found for your specific keywords or you'll be losing a great deal of potential success and sales.
- Payment processors and maybe even marketplaces to share your products, programs and services... like ClickBank or JVZoo.
- Upsells, downsells, cross-sells, affiliate products or programs to promote to your lists that you trust.
- Second, third, fourth, etc. products to offer your community - from low priced to high value.
- Social Media Marketing - ugh. But yes, this is needed if you really want to leverage community to succeed.
This list is by no means in any specific order of relevance nor is it comprehensive in ANY way - it's also a bit unconventional, but then again, so am I.
However, what you see above is just a small part of what is needed for a successful membership site.
Are you up to the task? Can you persist?
At least with Rapid Member Pro the framework is all there, ready for you to simply add content and promote your site. Once you begin going down the road of creating a membership site, you'll begin to really appreciate all that is included in your Rapid Member Pro membership and this powerful software.
These things are the foundational parts and pieces of a REAL, successful, membership site. You can do this... one page at a time, one step at a time, one item at a time.
And, when you succeed, which you can easily do if you work at it, especially if you use Rapid Member Pro (though, I am a bit biased! ), you'll have something of real value that brings in passive income streams for you and your family - maybe it's only a couple hundred dollars a month - maybe, it's thousands. Either way, you'll know what success feels like and can pat yourself on the back and claim your place as a success... well above average.
Let me know if I may be of any help or assistance or can answer any questions you may have... use the contact us form on this site and ask away.
I wish you the very best of success.
"Dedicated To Your Success..."
Rapid Member Pro
About the Author: Steven J. Odette is an in-demand online copywriter and business coach who specializes in helping his clients improve sales letter conversions and set-up Fixed Term Membership sites using his very cool membership software and affiliate programs; Rapid Member Pro and Rapid Residual Pro. Check them out by going to; www.rapidmemberpro.com and www.rapidresidualpro.com.
Category: Create Membership Sites